Thursday, October 7, 2010

all these fuckin' maids

So I live in one of the best dorms on campus. (Someone did the math and it would actually be cheaper to get an apartment, but that's besides the point.) So we have maintenance crew that do general upkeep, and once a month they'll come in your room and clean your bathroom for you (it's a private bath).

Well today is that day. I get on the elevator on the first floor, and there's about six black maids, cleaning women, whatever the pc term is on there. Now it's fine, and all of the floors are selected (there's four floors) but I don't mind.

Well we start going, and one maid starts with this. "Man, I'm fucking tired. I don't need this bullshit today." And she says it loudly and very audibly. And all the other maids look at her, and some start saying, "C'mon now, don't speak like that." And she keeps going. "Man I'm fucking tired. What you mean be quiet? I'm gonna say whatever the fuck I want."

A couple were urging her, "Kesha do you need to get off the elevator? Kesha just step off for a minute and speak with us." They even pressed the open button but she just stayed on there. "What the fuck I'm just gonna go upstairs and do my fucking working I don't need this goddamn bullshit."

And she's saying this random string of obscenities for a good minute (it's an average speed elevator) while about five other people are asking our dearest Kesha to please be quiet. I got off on the third floor (my stop) and they were still yelling at her and she was still cursing when I stepped off. I yelled back "You ladies have a nice day!", but for obvious reasons they couldn't hear me. Now it was a small elevator and it was packed, and the way we were standing I was facing all of these arguing black women. I was smiling and chuckling the whole time this was going on, of course refraining from laughing obnoxiously.

Honestly I didn't mind her behavior. Now if she had directed her comments at anyone (especially me) that would've been different, but everybody has annoying days and have freedom of speech to express that. Maids are no different, they can be pissed too. Well I want to thank you, Kesha, for making my day that much more enjoyable, and hope you that bullshit got taken care of after you did your fucking work.

3 comments:

  1. I read your anecdote and I can see that there's more than words and feelings, there's a deep enigma among the letters, I work in an important Newspaper, would you mind if I quote your story for tomorrows Journal section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when people are overly vulgar. I don't mind curse words, but does it have to be every other word?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lol'd because you felt the need to point out they were black :)

    ReplyDelete